YMCA Financial Assistance Scholarships
Thanks to funds from our annual fundraising efforts the Rogue Valley Family YMCA is able to provide financial assistance for children, teens, adults and families who cannot afford the full cost of a Y membership and programs. The amount of assistance available does vary based on the funds that have been raised for this purpose each year. Assistance is made available until funds have been depleted. All assistance is applied to future programs or monthly dues and is not back dated.
We encourage all who need assistance to apply. Learn more below.
We do not offer Financial Assistance Scholarships for any fundraising efforts (i.e. Pear Blossom Runs, Mayor’s Cup) as these programs are designed to raise funds to be given away.
All Financial Assistance is based on the donations we receive, please consider donating to this effort by clicking the purple Donate button.
Financial Assistance for Programs
If you are needing help with the cost of a YMCA program, we have a few options that you can consider. All scholarship amounts will be applied to future weeks of programming, no scholarships will be back dated. If you are registering on or after the payment due date you will be charged and required to pay for the full cost of the program. It is your responsibility each time you register for a program to submit the required documentation below.
- Oregon Community Foundation Scholarship – All families that fill out the Oregon Community Foundation Scholarship Application and return it to the YMCA billing office at [email protected], you will receive a scholarship of 20%, once approved.
- Current Jackson Care Connect Families – All JCC families can submit their proof of insurance card to the YMCA billing office at [email protected], if currently enrolled in a JCC Health Plan you will receive a scholarship of 30%.
- Food Stamps (SNAP) or Free Lunch Award Letter – If your child receives food stamps or free lunch and you submit an award letter to the YMCA billing office at [email protected], you will receive a scholarship of 40%. To get your SNAP award letter visit: https://govstatus.egov.com/or-dhs-benefits. To get your Free Lunch letter please visit: https://www.ode.state.or.us/apps/frlapp.
- Housing Authority of Jackson County (HAJC) Complex Resident – If you currently live in a participating HAJC Complex you can get an award letter and submit it to the YMCA billing office at [email protected], you will receive a scholarship of 75%. To get your award letter contact Sandra at HAJC at [email protected].
- Additional Support Scholarship – amounts will vary by family. If you do not qualify for any of the above scholarships or they do not provide enough assistance for your family please complete a Youth Programs Scholarship Application and return it to the YMCA billing office at [email protected]. You will be required to apply for Food Stamps and/or Employment Related Daycare then an award or denial letter is needed plus you must provide proof of income before an award is made.
Financial Assistance for Membership
Financial Assistance for membership is available for those with demonstrated need.
The YMCA is a membership organization open to all people.
If you cannot afford the full cost of a YMCA membership, just ask for a financial assistance application at the YMCA Front Desk. Membership Financial Assistance Applications are not available on-line. Help is based on demonstrated need and the YMCA’s ability to fund requests.
The YMCA awards scholarships in a confidential, face-to-face interview, therefore please visit the membership desk to get an application. It is not available on-line.
Membership scholarships are available to all Jackson Care Connect members. You will pay a third, Jackson Care Connect and the YMCA will assist you with the remaining amount.