Trying to win is natural but it is not the primary focus at the YMCA. When you choose to participate in YMCA youth sports know that every player gets to play in every game and the games are exciting and fun. We encourage fair play, positive competition, plus family and community involvement with youth.
Our Basketball program is a terrific way to build skills in sportsmanship, teamwork, and individual growth. Instructional Basketball is fantastic for introducing youth to the game as it emphasizes skill-building in agility, passing/catching, ball handling, and learning the game as a whole).
Teams are composed of 6 to 12 players and will have instructional practices led by a volunteer coach each week. Volunteer coaches are caring adults from the community, and often even have their own child in the sport. All coaches go through a background check as well as a coaches training that emphasizes the importance of skill-building and teaching the core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
We hope to see you on the court!
SCHOLARSHIPS – If you are needing a scholarship to help with the cost of the program, we have a few options that you can consider. All scholarship amounts will be applied to future weeks of programming, no scholarships will be backdated. If you are registering on or after the payment due date, you will be charged and required to pay for the full cost of the program.
- Oregon Community Foundation Scholarship – All families that fill out the Oregon Community Foundation Scholarship Application and return it to the YMCA billing office at [email protected], may receive a scholarship of up to 25%, once approved.
- Current Jackson Care Connect Families – All JCC families can submit their proof of insurance card to the YMCA billing office at [email protected], if currently enrolled in a JCC Health Plan you can receive a scholarship of 35%.
- Food Stamps (SNAP) or Free Lunch Award Letter – If your child receives food stamps or free lunch and you submit an award letter to the YMCA billing office at [email protected], you will receive a scholarship of 55%. To get your SNAP award letter visit: https://govstatus.egov.com/or-dhs-benefits. To get your Free Lunch letter please visit: https://www.ode.state.or.us/apps/frlapp.
- Housing Authority of Jackson County (HAJC) Complex Resident – If you currently live in a participating HAJC Complex you can get an award letter and submit it to the YMCA billing office at [email protected], you will receive a scholarship of 75%. To get your award letter contact Sandra at HAJC at [email protected].
- Additional Support Scholarship – amounts will vary by family. If the above scholarship programs do not provide enough assistance for your family please complete a Youth Programs Scholarship Application and return it to the YMCA billing office at [email protected]. You will be required to apply for Food Stamps and then an award or denial letter is needed plus you must provide proof of income before an award is made.
1st & 2nd Grade
3rd & 4th Grade
5th & 6th Grade